Customer Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint about our company, we want to hear about it and we will do our best to put it right. Our Customer Complaints Procedure has the following goals:

  • To deal with complaints fairly, efficiently and effectively; 
  • To ensure that all complaints are handled in a consistent manner throughout;
  • To increase customer satisfaction; 
  • To use complaints constructively in the planning and improvement of all services. 

Who can complain?

Anyone who:

  • Is employing the services of BAM Plumbing Ltd;
  • Has, in the past, used the services of BAM Plumbing Ltd;

How to complain

BAM Plumbing Ltd would like to sort out any complaint as soon as possible.  Many complaints can be resolved informally. In the first instance, contact BAM Plumbing Ltd and a member of staff will try to sort the matter out.

If you make contact in person or by phone, make a note of the name of the person you speak to. If a solution is offered at this point, make a note of this as well.  If you are not satisfied or do not wish an informal solution, you may pursue a formal complaint.  Write down your complaint and send it to:

The Managing Director

BAM Plumbing Ltd

Unit 700

14 London Road




01483 600590


What Happens Next?

  • You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within five working days.
  • You may be contacted to make sure that we have understood your complaint properly.
  • You may be interviewed by the person investigating the complaint.
  • You will receive a response to your complaint within 28 working days of its receipt.  Any extension of this time limit requires your consent.

Does this always happen?

In all cases, a complaint will be given full and fair consideration.

However, if as a result of your complaint, disciplinary proceedings are taken against a member of staff, an internal procedure will apply. You will be informed that disciplinary proceedings have taken place, but as these proceedings are confidential, you will only be informed of the details or outcome of matters outside of this procedure.

If a criminal offence is alleged, then the police will be informed.

Can you have someone with you when your complaint is discussed?

Yes, you can.

Can you take your complaint elsewhere?

Yes. You can contact the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) for further information on making complaints about a member.

Members of CIPHE must follow the CIPHE Code of Professional Standards. CIPHE will investigate complaints against its members and, if the Code of Professional Standards has been breached, may remove the member from the register. The contact details are:

CIPHE, 64 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6NB

  • Tel: 01708 472791
  • Complaints: 01708 463111
  • Fax: 01708 448987 
  • Email: